0

Book Review: Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire #1)

Title: Moon Dance
Series: Vampire for Hire #1
Author: JR Rain
Publisher: J.R. Rain via Stuart Agency
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Rating: 5 stars

Synopsis Courtesy of Goodreads:

Mother, wife, private investigator…vampire. Six years ago federal agent Samantha Moon was the perfect wife and mother, your typical soccer mom with the minivan and suburban home. Then the unthinkable happens, an attack that changes her life forever. And forever is a very long time for a vampire.

Now the world at large thinks Samantha has developed a rare skin disease, a disease which forces her to quit her day job and stay out of the light of the sun. Now working the night shift as a private investigator, Samantha is hired by Kingsley Fulcrum to investigate the murder attempt on his life, a horrific scene captured on TV and seen around the country. But as the case unfolds, Samantha discovers Kingsley isn’t exactly what he appears to be; after all, there is a reason why he survived five shots to the head.

My Review:

I’ll be perfectly honest…I didn’t know what to expect when I purchased the 6 book box set for the Vampire for Hire series.  I never used to really be into those private investigator type books, but this one had a paranormal twist and I couldn’t resist purchasing it.

Let me tell you something…this was the best investment I ever made.
I am going to review these books individually as I finish reading them.  This one that I am reviewing is called Moon Dance, and is Vampire for Hire #1.
Meet Samantha Moon…mother of 2 beautiful young children, an ex FBI agent who met the unfortunate fate of being attacked by a vampire.  She was forced to quit her day job because she was turned, and is now an private investigator…and one of the best I might add.

Cue her asshole husband (or now ex-husband), Danny Moon.  I’ll give him some credit for trying to be with a blood sucker in the beginning, but come on, did he really have to cheat on her and be such a douchebag? Ugh! I wanted to bitch slap that sucker!

I’m trying not to give too much away here, but long story short, things get sour between Danny and Samantha real quick, and well, you’ll have to see for yourself.

Cue Kingsley Fulcrum, a hottie werewolf who ends up being Samantha’s client.  Their relationship is quite complicated, let’s just leave it at that. But, I will tell you that I am certainly rooting for Kingsley and Samantha.

All in all, if you are looking for a great, action packed book with a lot of plot, then this is the book for you!  J.R. Rain does an excellent job with painting a perfect picture.  I devoured this book in about three days…I seriously could not put this book down!

0 comments:

Post a Comment